Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Edgefield First Baptist Church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
The purpose of this church is to proclaim the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ in accordance with the fundamental principles of a New Testament church. To carry out that purpose, this church shall provide its members with regular public worship services for spiritual training, development, and benefit each member and for the winning of people of Jesus Christ; shall sustain the ordinances of baptism and the Lord's Supper; shall teach and uphold the sanctity of Christian marriage as a holy bond between one man and one woman, as God ordained and Scripture proclaims; shall provide for Christian fellowship; shall support local and cooperative efforts in evangelism, missions, and benevolence; and shall seek Christ-likeness in daily living by emphasizing total commitment of life, personality and possessions to the lordship of Christ.
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
How we do ministry
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership